- Select ¨Options¨ and then ¨More Options¨.
- Go to ¨Manage your account¨.
- Click on ¨Account details¨.
- On ¨account information¨, you can watch and modify data like mail address, id code, name, register date, country, and birth date. Unless the number of ID and the registration date, other data can be modified by clicking on the link located on the right side of each option and defined as ¨Change¨.
- On ¨Account security, ¨ has specified the password and the security information. Like the previous case, click on ¨Change¨ and you will be able to modify your password. If you click on ¨Manage¨ on the security side you will enter to a new window where you can add a phone number, a mail address, and a security question.
Here are some suggestions to help you get back into your account as quickly as possible. First, try the easiest options:
- If you remember your password but it isn’t working, make sure that Caps Lock is turned off and that your email address is spelled correctly.
- Clear your browser history, or try signing in to your account from a different internet browser.
Reset your Hotmail password
If you can’t remember your password, follow these steps to create a new one:
- Go to the Reset your password page.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be an email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
- If you have security info on your account, we’ll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you’ll be able to make a new password.