How to use the Hotmail Sign In services?
Previously, the term Hotmail was formerly known as Window Live Hotmail. As one of the popular devices of Microsoft, it performs the function of enabling people to send and receive free email services. Also, the change of the name Hotmail to outlook.com by Microsoft took place in 2012.
The history of Hotmail
Before the existence of other email devices, Hotmail had been present since 1996. This particular email device was the creation of two like-minded individuals – Jack Smith, and Sabeer Bhatia. However, in the year 2012, August to be precise, Microsoft changed its name from Hotmail to Outlook.com. Notwithstanding, the older version still has excellent features like the spam filters and virus detecting services. Also, with the newly improved mail which features great and exciting features, our customers had rated it with a 5 star making us improve our email device even better. The usage of Outlook is quite user-friendly and straightforward. With just a few steps and procedures, you are good to go.
The difference between Hotmail and Gmail
Many people end up mistaking these two email devices, and to be frank, they don’t have many differences. First of all, they both belong to two different companies. Microsoft owns Hotmail while Gmail belongs to Google. Secondly, Hotmail offers you more security over your account than Gmail by scanning users’ email. Thirdly, Hotmail connects to other social media platforms like the Twitter, Google, and others. Unlike Gmail that only supports a few platforms. Fourthly, while you can save up any amount of file on mail as it entails unlimited storage space, Gmail only offers just 15GB storage space.
Also, with Hotmail, one can edit while viewing your mail. It also provides the service of marking your messages with just one click. Meanwhile, the Gmail account allows for you to send money via it integrated Google wallet, it is also highly volatile, and its account gets blocked after a user refuses to use it for nine months.
Why Microsoft claims that Hotmail is no longer available
When Microsoft came on board and took over Hotmail in 2012, there was a complete and total changeover in the outlook as well as it features. The original plan was to wipe out this device and replace it with the Windows Live Mail, but the Outlook.com took its place instead. There are lots of upgrades and new exciting features which surpasses that of the Hotmail. This whole new rebranding and repackaging gave Hotmail a new face which in turn gave people the false idea of Microsoft scrapping out Hotmail even though its sign in hasn’t changed.
Simple steps on how to create Hotmail account
Signing up for Hotmail takes patience as it procedures and processes are quite lengthy but stress-free. They are as follows;
- First thing first, launch into the Hot mail official website which is www.hotmail.com. Do not panic or think you entered the wrong site as the front page would contain something different. Remember that Hotmail was repackaged and rebranded to outlook.com. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you would find an open account tab which you would click on. This automatically directs you to our sign up page which does not need much of your personal details, unlike other email devices.
- Providing a name would be the next best thing to do once at the signup page. It is crucial for you to note that whatever name you use is what will be displayed to your friends when you share and receive emails.
- Then the username option. Endeavor to use a simple username you can remember as many people end up forgetting their username. Therefore, other accounts can be provided when housing a username.
- The next step is to fill in your secret password known to you alone. This helps in helping Hot mail provide a cover over your emails. It will help caution cases like account hacking and misuse of the internet. This password should be strong keywords, it should be conveniently long, and should include alphabetical characters mixed with numeric for the safety and strength of the password.
- Then the country of origin option, date of birth and gender. You shouldn’t overlook this part of the sign up as it is also very vital to the setup of your account.
- Moving on is the contact address. This can also be in the form of telephone numbers which the person is currently using. The reason while Hotmail asks for this is to help inform users of any form of hacking or misuse of their account especially when another party tries to log into your account with a different gadget entirely. Attached with your phone number should also be your country code.
- The next step is the human verification exercise which verifies that you are human and not a robot. Some characters would be displayed on your gadget, or you may also choose to listen to the words which should be rewritten in the space provided. Failure to get the characters correctly, you can ask for new ones.
- The next step is not compulsory as you can overlook it and that is ticking the promotional box. What the promotional box entails is that Outlook would display, more like advertise other things on your account at your own expense. However, you can uncheck the box if ever you feel uncomfortable with it.
- So what are you waiting for, click on the create button located at the last part of the page you just filled to enjoy the full services and privileges of a Hotmail, account owner. Notwithstanding, if you’ve entered wrong information or your application is incomplete, you will be automatically redirected to rectify them. After all that, your account would be created which automatically means that you’ve agreed to the terms and conditions.
How to recover the Hotmail account?
There are a lot of obvious reasons why we sometimes recover our accounts. First of all, we might forget our account password which happens to a lot of people, and we might end up not using the account for a very long period which leads to it being expired and so on. However, recovery of a Hotmail account is simple that it looks. All you need do is to provide the same accurate information you provided while opening the account. Also, there are security questions which you provided answers to while signing up, so long you provide accurate information, you are good to go.
The recovery steps are very simple; it involves the following simple steps;
- First of all, log into the official Hotmail website which is the www.hotmail.com.
- At the bottom of the homepage, you will find the recovery tab. Click on the “can’t access your account” box provided there.
- Then go to “I forgot my password” which the next page will bring up. Though many options will surface but waste no time in going for the one you want.
- Then the next page will come up with a “Reset your password” tab. Click on it which will be indicated with a tick.
- Then the verification page pops up. Captcha is a verification exercise which focuses on making sure the user is human and not a robot. Fill the characters displayed, and if you find it hard to write out, then there is a chance of requesting another. But once you’ve got it right, click in the “next” button.
- A new password would be sent to you via the email you provided which should be out rightly different from the one you used for signing up. This email address will also be used in allowing you rest your password successfully.
- After all is done correctly, you can then proceed with the “submit” button. This automatically sends a recovery link to your email which can only be accessed while logging into your email.
- Once you click on the recovery link, it automatically redirects you to the Hotmail sign in page. You would have to provide a whole new password before clicking the submit tab. Once the password is created, you are now free to enjoy the services of Outlook.
The simple procedure on how to login Hotmail
Hotmail log in requires just a few steps, and these are as follows;
- First of all, you need to access www.hotmail.com which is apparently the official website of Hotmail. Even after it was rebranded to Outlook, the logging in page remains the same. Like we said above, logging into Hotmail requires no stress at all, and it is very simple to the core, unlike other email devices. This made Outlook quite preferable to other platforms as it provides a simple, and stress-free logging in process.
- Therefore, in Hotmail, the simple process of logging in includes filling in your valid email address and an accurate password. Do not forget the password as you would need to remember it. A computer often asks if you would want to save and let it recognize the password. For those who might end up forgetting, it is better to tick that option to be on a safer side.
Outlook also provides a whole new method of logging in by the creation of code. This option comes with a limitation as the code can only be used once.
The importance of using Hotmail sign in
We can give you a thousand and one reason why Hotmail is preferable to all other email devices in terms of sending and receiving emails. Here are some of the reasons;
- The use of Hotmail is free of charge. There is free access when you first create a Hotmail account. A lot of Hotmail services are free. Ranging from sending and receiving emails to the recovery of accounts. From signing into your account to its availability around the globe. Outlook as an email platform had made email services so easy and free for all with best services no one else offers.
- Messages are received and sent effortlessly. The Hotmail platform enables you to compose and reply messages as many as you can in a much more attractive manner. These messages are also within your reach as they can be easily accessed and quite visible.
- If there is one quality, Hotmail possesses, then its reliability. It provides instant messages retrieval, a SkyDrive, and an Xbox live. Hotmail maintains new exciting services no platform offers. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and enjoy a wide range of services.
- Be rest assured, your messages, details, transactions are safe and secured. With their outstanding security check, they can detect scams and immediately alert the user.
- Its connection to other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn is a plus for Outlook. It ensures that Hotmail continues to be that user-friendly email platform it was created to be.
- There is also the service of a video call and chat on Skype. This continuously makes Hotmail user-friendly. This video call and chat service rendered by Outlook can breach the gap between families and friends that are far apart. This particular feature is also free but comes with little charges. Every day that passes by, the Hotmail family keep increasing as a lot of people keep joining to enjoy the beautiful and exciting features and services Outlook has to offer.
- Messages on Hotmail are delivered at a very fast pace. There is no room for further delay with Hotmail. Messages are also received in the same vein.
So what are you waiting for? Are you going to sit there and allow others to leave you behind in the world of email? Log into our official website www.hotmail.com today and sign up to enjoy lots of exciting tantalizing, and wonderful features.