Everyone who logs into the outlook knows about Hotmail login Page too well. It is the first thing you encounter when you are logging into the outlook. In case if you are someone who is completely new to this, you are led towards making a new account by Hotmail login. You have to make an account on Hotmail email login. It takes no genius to know that without a Hotmail account, you cannot log into Hotmail.
One of the most interesting pieces of information you will know about Outlook is that it was once called Hotmail. (Hotmail Wikipedia, published in 1996)
Hotmail Login Page
Hotmail login page/entry page is the first thing you encounter. It is the main homepage. The entry process for Hotmail requires you to sign up on the email login page. There are cases in which Hotmail login ends up giving an error. This is an indication that it didn’t load well.
How to visit Hotmail Login Email Page
As a new user, you will be visiting Hotmail Login page. A little bit of understanding about the MSN page will do you good. You should know that there are two procedures for logging in. One is Hotmail Signup which is needed in case if you are a new user. The other is simply Hotmail Login which is used to access Hotmail services.
Given below are instructions which you can follow in order to reach Hotmail page officially. It starts with installing your preferred web browser and then following the given instructions.
- Look for the address bar and type, outlook.com or “hotmail.com”.
- Upon pressing the enter button, you will receive web address within the address bar.
- You should be seeing Microsoft Corporation (US) within the URL bar.
- In case if you are looking for Official Hotmail email login page, you should be seeing something like, “login.live.com”.
- You need to look out for the outlook logo on the page.
- You must have found the Hotmail MSN account. After doing so, click on the “sign in” tab. All you need to do next is simply enter your password and username.
- In case if you need further assistance, you have an option to contact the Google and Hotmail login page.
- The Hotmail Login Page connects you to the experts who overlook Outlook login. You will be helped by them to get familiar with more services and features the live account has.
Tips for Hotmail Login
Hotmail login is no rocket science. It is quite simple. However, make sure the landing page is official and precise. Hotmail login is a very simple process. Still, you will need to undergo the official process.
As it has been mentioned before, you need to have an account of Hotmail before logging into Hotmail. If you are someone who never had an account before, you must not worry. Hotmail has user friendly system which gives you complete guidance for undergoing the official process of Hotmail account.
How a new User can have access to Hotmail Login
In case you have never used the Hotmail account before, you will undergo a different procedure of signing up. It is an official account which needs all your information. It may require a little bit of your time, maybe a minute or two. It is better to have Hotmail account as an official one since it is designed for that purpose. In some cases, it also requires a verification process based on your region. Therefore, keep your cell phone in your reach. Verification can often be done in form of code which is sent to you as text message or as a call.
You can also use the Hotmail account without usage of your cellphone number. However, adding cellphone number to your account is a huge boost. In case you forget your password, the procedure for logging in is very simple with mobile number involved. You will be sent a code on your mobile number which you can type and have access to your Hotmail login.
Variety of Names for Hotmail Login
When it comes to names, Hotmail has many! Hotmail login is a common term besides another name called, “Hotmail signup”. You will also encounter a few names called Outlook login as well as live login. There are a few more such as Hotmail login, MSN login and Microsoft account login. They all point towards same Hotmail account.
Hotmail Signing Up Tutorial
- Upon visiting the homepage of Hotmail or Outlook, you will notice that there is a Sign up link. For convenience, it is at the bottom of the main login page.
- Simply click the link. You will be led towards official form like the arrangement where you will enter your info and your account will be created by each step.
Note: To check for the right signing up page, the URL should be signup.live.com.
Hotmail Login Utilizing Single Code
You can also log into your Hotmail account by a relatively more secure method. It is using a single code to log into your account. If you are logging in this way, you will not be using your password, keep that in mind. This comes in handy especially when your pc is used by others too.
One thing you should know is that you should have a registered phone number with Microsoft if you want to use the single code.
Upon asking for single code, you can receive it via message. You should know that its usage is one time. The code you are sent has also a certain expiration period.
- For logging into your Hotmail account using a single code, you will have to choose the single code login page option. This can be done by searching the bottom of signup form page.
- You will be led towards a field which you have to fill by your email address.
- The next step is registering your cell phone number which has to be registered by the Microsoft. Enter your number in the respective field and you will be sent a code shortly after on that number. Enter that code on the login page and you are good to go.
- Congratulations! You have gone through the process of logging into your account using a single code.
It is not uncommon to have issues with this login. Microsoft understands this. Therefore, you have the option to request a code again. A certain range of codes can be issued to you depending on your location and time interval of the day. Each code has also an expiration time. This way, only the most recent code can be used.
Hotmail Login Trouble shooting
In some of the cases, even the above-given steps may not be enough to log into your account. Don’t panic. This is why this article has this section. Make sure your password and username is correct. Even if you are correct about your password and username, there is a strong chance that Capslock is on which may be causing the problem.
In case if you are still unable to log into your account or simply don’t remember the details, follow the instructions given below.
- There is a tab named, “I can’t get to my record” specifically for this purpose. It is under the login field.
- You will be led to filling a field where you will be addressing your reason for not having access to your account. This goes straight to Microsoft. Select the “Next” tab afterwards.
- You also have the option of having access to your account by your mobile number which has been registered using Hotmail account before.
- You must have at least another email of a trusted source such as friend or relative or it can be your own alternate informal email address. The recovery code will be sent to that email so make sure you have full access to that alternate email.
- Now come back to the starting window of login. Select “I have a code” tab and move forward.
- Simply enter the code and log in. It is this simple!
On rare cases, your account may have been infiltrated wrongly by a party you may know nothing about. You can reset your security information and login details for securing your account. Make sure to set a difficult password.
Hotmail Account Protection
One of the most common issues, as well as requirements of a Hotmail account, is security. Your account must have top notch security. The first step for securing your account is keeping a secure and strong password. A longer password containing capital letters along with numbers and various figures comes under the category of the strong password which is very difficult to break.
The trend of keeping your names as a password as well as keeping information like family names, common dictionary words or such for password are long gone now. Such passwords are very easy to break.
Authentication for Hotmail Login
When it comes to protecting your account, Hotmail tries its best to provide you with everything to do so. That is why it also introduced the two-step login authentication process. This will act as further protection for your account. A code will be sent to the email address you entered as your preferred alternative. You can type in that code every time you log in. This is useful especially if you have an account of importance such as one containing bank details and such.
The way to it is quite simple. You can go towards more security settings as you select the option of security settings. After that, go to option of security and privacy from the menu. Further, select the greater security settings from the flat menu. Since this is a sensitive area setting, you will need verification like you access every other sensitive Microsoft settings.
After you are done with it, there is more to it. Click on the two-step verification link and click on the set up two stage confirmation.
As an added responsibility, you can read the requirements. When you are done, click on next.
Now comes another page. Here you will be asked the question. It will be something like “how else can we verify your identity”. Select the destination which you favor from the list to get your code. It can be your mobile number, your email address or even your application.
When you are done including your personal details, click on “Next”.
Microsoft understands that you may think the process is dreary. You can alternatively download an app from Google playstore or Apple playstore and receive your code.
Reasons for Using Hotmail Sign in
If you are a Hotmail account holder, chances are you may want to use Hotmail for a variety of reasons. It can be security, convenience, or even free service. If you are someone new or even someone who has been using these services for a while, it can be worth your time to check the following benefits you get by using a Hotmail account.
One of the biggest reasons for its usage is its free service. Whether it is the account creation or recovery process, both are free. Its administrations are best and free no matter where you are on this planet. You can also send emails for free.
The simplicity is yet another reason why Hotmail account should be in your list. You can send messages and receive them by a user-friendly and self-explanatory system.
It is extremely reliable. Message sending as well as receiving are done without delay. You can always rely on its services. Other than normal emailing services, the Hotmail also provides SkyDrive and Xbox live services. Upon upgrades, you will receive new benefits for free too.
Hotmail is one of the securest platforms for sending and receiving an email. Whether it is a spam or even an unrecognized email, Hotmail will warn you at the start.
Social Media linkage:
Nobody can deny the usage of social media in this age. One of the biggest boosts to this email service is that it can be linked with various social media platforms. It is also linked with Skype which gives you the benefit of video calling.
All of these benefits cost little to nothing. With each upgrade, the Hotmail page is adding new alluring features.
There is a reason Hotmail has over 600 million users. Over 60% messages are seen on cellphone devices by means of mobile browsers and Hotmail app. Following reasons are how this platform for emailing is so popular.
The POP access that Hotmail gives is free. Whatever emailing service you use, you can still download Hotmail messages.
Scanning and Protection services:
Filtering the emails into scams as well as the right ones along with ones which are focused to you solely is Hotmail’s specialty. This also comes with strong protection.
Whether you use a mobile or tablet, be it laptop or notebook, everywhere, there is an option to log into your Hotmail account. This is a huge advantage especially if you use a variety of devices in your daily life.